The Lindau lighthouse in Lake Constance is the only lighthouse in Bavaria. It is also called the "new lighthouse". Since 1856 the lighthouse with its total height of 36 meters is in operation. It is also one of the few lighthouses that have a clock in the facade. The first six years of its existence the light was produced by an oil fire, later the tower was then operated electrically and in the early 1990s it was completely automated. The lighthouse can be visited and offers fantastic views.